What a wonderful relaxing walk on the way to the Basildon Sporting Village, through picturesque parkland and arriving at the Sporting Village at noon.
Madison had the privilege to swim on the Saturday 31. March 2018 and the great organisation of the meet enabled her to get some very good result. Considering it was a level 1 meet, with national swimmers in attendance, it is superb that Madison achieved a bronze medal in the 50 Butterfly and achieved top 10 status within her age group in all events swam. All event result in the 13 year old girls.
There was a
- 5th place for 50 backstroke with a new PB of 35:29 LC
- 7th place for 200 freestyle with a new PB of 2:29:43 LC
- 3rd place for 50 butterfly with a new PB of 34:88 LC (bronze medal)
- 6th place for 100 freestyle with a new PB of 1:07:54
- 4th place for 200 backstroke missing the PB by 2 seconds.
But considering that the 200 backstroke came shortly after the 100 freestyle with no rest in between it is not surprising that a PB wasn’t achieved. 200 backstroke is hard.
This is the first level 1 meet that Madison has won a medal. Well done.