with bright reflections of the glorious sunshine on the Saturday midday break were the calm before the storm; when swimmers set out to get those last-chance regional qualifying times. See full results LBRSC-17-Last-Chance-Regional-Qualifier-Results.
Despite the heavy cough last weekend Madison smashed her Personal Best times by quite a margin.
- 20 seconds off the 400 freestyle
- 2 seconds off the 50 back
- 5 seconds off the 100 back
- 3 seconds off the 200 back
- 4 seconds off the 50 breast
1 Gold (50back), 2 silvers (100 back, 50 fly), 1 bronze (200 back) and some place medals in an excellent field of swimmers. But unfortunately Madison is just a fraction outside of the regional qualifying times but edges nearer and nearer to them each year and in more strokes than one. That sounds promising. I think there will be a breakthrough on the regional times next year.
Just trying to find out at what stage other swimmers reached their regional status, whether they were all early or some later.
One has to measure progress in manageable steps and what is so very pleasing about this spring’s Redbridge result is the fact that
- Madison won 4 top 3 finishes in an age 12-13 group, when she is not even 13 yet.
- the 50 back gold won straight after the 400 free, which also produced a record 20 sec. improvement.
The friendships were renewed by swimmers across the club scene with many moments of happiness around the pool.