- stay positive
- be punctual
- attend as many sessions as possible.
- don’t become a dictator. (1)
- try for new Personal Best times. (2)
- do not ignore your GCSE exams/school work (3)
- use good nourishment routines.(4)
- remember committment gets you further.
- reduce empty times, keep busy. (5)
- complete all tasks as set by your coach.
(1) I have heard that
- some swimmers will only swim if their parents buy them certain costumes and/or goggles in certain colours. Make swimming your most important task not the colour of your costume.
- some swimmers only want to swim if another specific person also swims. Remember you swim because it is your favourite sport.
(2) The older you get the harder is it to get new PBs. Perhaps extra land training and gym workouts or other types of muscle training will help.
(3) Use your time wisely and do homework between school and swimming and do not stay up too late to complete home work. Get at least 7 hours sleep per night.
(4) Eat at least 1 1/2 hours prior to swim practise with plenty of fluid. After practise have nourishing drinks and replenishing snacks/meals.
(5) if you sit and watch TV/films, try and exercise by using a hand weight.